« Home | Back from the dead... » 

Saturday, October 13, 2007 

Ever have one of those nights?

I have. For about the past ten years I've had re-occurring dreams. Not scary dreams, well not in the sense that you're falling from a building and reaching the bottom or someone is chasing you with a gun. No mine are different. I've created an amusement park in my dreams.

It started back when I was previously married. I woke up one morning and remembered having a dream about a roller coaster that was underwater with a track that occasionally broke the surface of the water then went back underneath. I thought it was pretty cool. I actually did a couple of sketches of that one. From there they have just kept coming.

In the beginning, all I could do is see these roller coasters. I couldn't get on them. I'm not really sure I would have either. These beasts of a coasters were insane. Things that could probably not be recreated in reality, but the people on them always seemed to be enjoying them.

The next phase as I like to call it were a series of walk through attractions that came to me in my dream. Something like you would see at Knotts Scary Farm without the monsters. Just continuous walking until you finally came out the other end. Those were pretty interesting because I always felt that something was just around the corner, but nothing ever happened.

Then a strange twist happened. About the time my divorce was finalized. My dreams took a turn. My roller coasters became trains. Flat running trains that covered vast amounts of land and seemed to go on forever. I missed the crazy roller coasters but the trains were a nice change.

Then I met Megan my wife now and the coasters have come back. Not only nightly, but now I sometimes ride the rides. Last night I had a first. A little girl was on one of my coasters screaming to get off the ride. When the ride came to an end the little girl was crying out of fear. I felt bad for her in my dream but I thought she had learned a lesson that she wasn't a fan of roller coasters.

I have obviously seen the connection between my dreams and my real life. We all have ups and downs and sometimes things flatten out and everything seems ok, only to have the tracks suddenly drop or make a sharp turn. I've learned to embrace my dreams and look forward to going to bed at night knowing that I might have another coaster to ride or see. I enjoy my dreams and hope they never stop.

what an interesting series of dreams! so what's it like to ride the coasters underwater? do you have to hold your breath or can you breathe underwater in your dreams. in my dreams i can breathe underwater...but i think that's because i always think i can't and so i hold my breath...only i'm actually holding my breath in real life, until my body goes, "don't be an idiot" and makes me take a breath....then i actually take a breath in my dream too and realize i can breathe underwater. it's a neat discovery every time.

How fun to randomly check John's blog and find a new post.

Dreams with journeys, travel, heights, water, submergence, emergence...gosh. Let's just say you've got enough to fill a goodish sized chapter on the ways our dreams record and reveal our waking life. Fun.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm media39
  • From Huntington Beach, CA, United States
  • A blog made by the people for the people. This bio was rated NC-17 for gory graphic violence, extreme sexual situations, full frontal nudity & dirty filthy language.
My profile

Previous posts